- This event has passed.
Introduction to Active Support Workshop – 6th June 2022
6 June @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Online Introduction to Active Support Workshop (via Zoom)
6th June 2022 – 9.30am – 12.30pm
What is Active Support?
Active Support is a model of support which ensures that people are supported to participate in every aspect of their daily lives and to take the lead in functional and meaningful activities – staff essentially becoming enablers not carers.
Services who have already been supported with the implementation of Active Support have said that the model has transformed the lives of people they are supporting and staff have a better understanding of what their job role is.
Active Support is also the pre-cursor to Positive Behaviour Support.
CQC’s updated guidance for supporting autistic people and people with a learning disability – Right support, right care right culture – has a stronger focus on outcomes for people, and Active Support can play an important part in achieving this.
There are three key factors that CQC expect you to consider if you are, or want to care for, autistic people and/or people with a learning disability:
- Right support – The model of care and setting should maximise people’s choice, control and independence
- Right care – Care should be person-centred and promote people’s dignity, privacy and human rights
- Right culture – The ethos, values, attitudes and behaviours of leaders and care staff should ensure people using services lead confident, inclusive and empowered lives
Introduction to Active Support – Online 3-hour Workshop
Join our Active Support Lead during a 3-hour online workshop delivered via Zoom and find out more about how Active Support can change the outcomes for supported people as they begin to carry out meaningful activities to enrich their lives – more important than ever in the face of limited opportunities to be involved in activities outside of peoples homes.
This ‘Introduction to Active Support’ workshop is suitable for managers and support staff, and will cover:
- What is Active Support?
- Providing support that promotes participation and engagement
- Looking for opportunities to engage people in meaningful activities at home and in their community
- Simple ways of monitoring staff support
- How to embed Active Support within your team
Cost per participant:
- £65 (ARC Members) | £85 (Non-members)
How to book your place
- Download and complete the ARC online training booking form 2022
- Email it to [email protected]
- We will confirm your booking and invoice your organisation.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043
- [email protected]
- 6 June
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Event Category: