This online course is for in-house trainers to support them to deliver MCA & DoLS training to care staff using ARC Training Materials.
Session 1: 1 December 2020 – 9.45am – 1pm (3 hours)
Session 2: 2 December 2020 – 9.45am – 12.30pm (2.5 hours)
Attendance at both sessions is compulsory.
CQC is looking for services to have staff who:
- Are fully trained with a comprehensive understanding of MCA/DoLS
- Are confident about using the MCA
- Use innovative ways to involve people in decisions about their care, and can make best interest decisions in line with legislation and people’s wishes
ARC believes that an informed approach to the MCA is central to service principles and quality. Our training will take learners through their roles and responsibilities regarding MCA & DoLS, highlighting key principles and their application in everyday practice.
At the end of the training learners will have:
- Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act and the Code of Practice
- An understanding of how the Act impacts on people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Increased awareness of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- An understanding how the Safeguards impact on people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Understanding of how the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards work with other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of where to access further sources of advice and support in relation to the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
The workshop comprises of the following:
- An introductory assignment (self completion)
- Module 1 (virtual workshop (day 1) 3 hours workshop)
- A homework assignment (self completion)
- Module 2 (virtual workshop (day 2) – 2.5 hours )
- A final exercise to embed learning in the workplace
Virtual modules are on the Zoom Pro platform with our experienced trainer Rod Landman, who has over 20 years experience in adult social care. The virtual sessions are highly interactive and comprise trainer input, discussions, case studies, small group work and reflections on assignments.
Learners will receive a full suite of handouts in advance to guide their learning.
On completion learners will be issued with an ARC Certificate of Attendance
- £200 (ARC Members)
- £250 (Non-members)
This price includes a Trainers’ Manual.
How to book your place
- Download and complete the ARC England Virtual Training Booking Form 2020
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will confirm your booking and invoice your organisation.
Did you know?
We can now offer a range of interactive online workshops for:
Front line care staff – to support them in everyday capacity and best interest decisions – 2 x 2.5 hour sessions
MCA/DoLS for Managers, 8th and 9th December To support managers in delivering their roles and responsibilities, and overseeing staff compliance – 2 x 2.5 hour sessions.
We also offer this workshop on an in-house basis exclusively for your organisation. One of our expert trainers can deliver this training course online for up to 16 people per session. For the flat rate of £550 (ARC Members) or £650(Non-Members), we can deliver bespoke training at a time most convenient to you. Please note that for in-house MCA/DoLS Trainers’ workshops there is an additional cost per Trainers’ Manual of £75 (£52.50 ARC members).
To discuss this option, please email email@example.com
To find out more about our training contact ARC’s lead MCA & DoLS trainer, Rod Landman at:
Tel: 01237 441786
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043
*Please note, these workshops are only suitable for employees of social care providers.