Mental Health in Learning Disability: ARC online virtual training course in association with The Estia Centre, part of South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM)
- What is mental health?
- How does mental illness affect people with a learning disability?
- How can you support people with learning disability to maintain good mental wellbeing?
Understand the common signs, symptoms and presentation in a person with learning disability by signing up for our new ARC England online workshop on Mental Health in Learning Disability in association with The Estia Centre.
The Estia Centre, part of the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, runs a well-established training programme for health professionals working with people with learning disabilities and mental health problems. ARC England are excited to be working in association with The Estia Centre to bring you this course at a time when people with a learning disability and/or autism need mental health support more than ever.
Virtual course (by Zoom)
9th February 2021 – 9.45am – 1pm
Brief outline of content:
- Exploring what is mental health and mental wellbeing?
- What is mental ill health and/or mental health problems?
- How people with learning disability can be supported to maintain good mental wellbeing
- Why people with learning disabilities are vulnerable to developing mental health problems?
- Common signs, symptoms and changes form the base line behaviour of a person when experiencing mental ill health/problems
- What is the recovery process?
- Service user perspective/Active support and how to promote mental wellbeing with people with learning disability
Expected learning outcomes
- To have an understanding of what is mental health, mental wellbeing and mental illnesses and how they affect people with learning disabilities
- To understand the common signs, symptoms and presentation in a person with learning disability
- To understand the what is the recovery process and how to support people with learning disability in maintaining mental wellbeing
- To understand the perspectives of the service user and self-help groups
On completion of our workshop evaluation form we will be happy to issue learners with an ARC Certificate of Attendance
£65 ARC Members / £85 Non-members
How to book your place
- Download and complete the ARC online training booking form 2021
- Email it to [email protected]
- We will confirm your booking and invoice your organisation.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043 (Please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible)
- [email protected]