Two 2 hour sessions delivered via Zoom on two consecutive days, with assignments to be completed before, during and after the workshop. Attendance on both sessions is required.
This virtual workshop is highly interactive with discussion, personal reflection, small group work and assignments, offering opportunities for skills development.
This workshop is for frontline staff supporting adults with learning disabilities. It will help you to understand the basic principles and practice of risk assessment. The workshops take a values-led approach to positive risk management, underlining the importance of taking sensitively managed risk as a human rights issue and as a prime learning tool.
The workshop covers:
- Positive risk taking
- Attitudes to risk
- Defining risk assessment
- Social care standards and risk
- Risk and the law
- Duty of Care
- Enabling positive risk taking
- Partnerships in risk assessment
- Risk control and risk management
- Risk assessment models, processes and paperwork
- Personal risk documents
The workshop concludes with a self-assessment exercise, which you are encouraged to share with your line manager, through supervision, in order to embed your learning in the workplace.
By the end of the workshop learners will:
- Know the importance of risk taking in everyday life for individuals with disabilities
- Understand the importance of positive, person-centred risk assessment
- Know how legislation and policies are relevant to positive risk taking
- Understand how to support individuals with disabilities in decisions about risk taking
- Understand how to support individuals with disabilities to manage identified risks
£90 ARC Members/ £120 Non-members
How to book your place
- Download and complete the ARC England Virtual Training Booking Form 2020
- Email it to [email protected]
- We will confirm your booking and invoice your organisation.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043 (Please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible)
- [email protected]