Supporting Medication in Social Care Settings for Frontline Staff
Do your staff need training about how to handle medication in your service?
We have the answer: a comprehensive training course which covers the knowledge needed to complete the City & Guilds units 343 Support the use of Medication in Adult Care or 344 Administer Medication to Individuals & Monitor the Effects; both from the Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care. As well as covering the knowledge aspects of the NOS (National Occupational Standards) SCDHSC3122 and SFHCHS3.
The Supporting Medication workshop covers the following:
- The legislative framework relevant to the support and administration of medication in social care settings.
- Roles and responsibilities in supporting the use of medication in social care settings.
- The common types of medication and their use.
- Techniques for administering medication.
- The process for receiving, storing and disposing of medication supplies safely.
- How to promote the rights of the individual and support the use of medication.
- How to record and report on use of medication.
- £90 (ARC Members)
- £120 (Non Members)
**Workbooks can be purchased separately by organisation that have completed our updated Supporting Medication for Trainers workshop and are delivering our updated material to their staff. Workbooks cost £19 each (ARC members) and £23 each (Non-members) and can be done via paper copy, pdf or online. Please contact [email protected] for details of the workbooks.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043
- [email protected]