Hi there – are you looking for a part time administrative role that is flexible, varied and allows you to work on your own initiative? Have you got a keen eye for detail with great analytical skills? NCHA have just the role for you…
The world is a little different right now and businesses like us are continually evolving our practices to meet the needs of the business whilst prioritising the safety of our colleagues and customers, there has never been a more important time to recruit an enthusiastic and driven Project Administrator.
Reporting to the Project Admin Manager, you will work as part of a team of administrators based in different geographical locations. You will have demonstrable experience in an administrative type role and you will enjoy working independently.
We have three projects based in Newark, Retford and Rainworth (near Mansfield). The successful post holder will work 36 hours spread across the three sites, or we can offer 21 hour roles based in Newark/Retford and one 15 hr role in Rainworth. For the Newark and Retford post a driver would be an advantage but there is a regular bus route between Retford and Newark. Newark and Retford are a Young Person’s service supporting homelessness. Rainworth is for adults with challenging behaviour – you would never be expected to get involved in the care/support of service users and would not be expected to lone work in the environment.
Your roles and responsibilities will vary day to day but to give you an idea of what to expect, they may look like this:
- Provide full administrative/clerical/receptionist support as required and allocated by the Project Manager of the service and/or the Project Admin Manager.
- General correspondence of internal and external communications – we expect that you have well developed communications skills!
- Administer the ordering, receipt and payment processes for goods and services in accordance with agreed procedures
- Monitoring and balancing service user money and project expenditure
- Supporting project staff with ICT
- Produce documents, letters, e mails, minutes, etc. – ICT experience of Microsoft Office applications are essential (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Creating Newsletters
- Maintain up to date literature and information for customers – Demonstrate your capability to maintain strict confidentiality!
- Assist in providing a safe and healthy physical environment for tenants/service users and staff
- Bank monies received and record funds in accordance with Financial procedures
“It’s not just an office job, it’s a rewarding and interesting role that you just won’t have anywhere else” – Current colleague.
A large proportion of the role will involve aspects of finance such as:
- Reconciliation work which will involve checking the accuracy of the entries
- Assist in operating the relevant control accounts and control systems to ensure completeness and accuracy of transactions and records.
- Prepare and process relevant system entries such as: invoicing and payments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
ENTHUSIASM with a drive to learn – we want you to enjoy your role and come up with best ways of working that suit you to gain the best outcomes! You will be articulate and have demonstrable ability to use functionality of Microsoft Excel and other related applications to retrieve and manipulate complex data. Numeracy and Literacy skills are essential for this role as you will need a degree of accuracy when inputting data; and you will need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively to colleagues and customers alike to ensure a high service is maintained.
We understand that the usual 9am – 5pm working week doesn’t work for everyone, so with the agreement of the Project Manager a working pattern can be devised which suits you, including weekends if preferred! We don’t do things half-heartedly at NCHA and we want you to thrive in your role – we recognise that a good work-life balance and an ample amount of flexibility can really enhance your work and productivity.
USEFUL TOP TIPS:
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- View the full role profile in the document tab at the bottom of this page and refer to the About Me section to complete your application – show us why you are suitable!
- All successful candidates will be required to take a Work Related Test prior to the interview.
- At NCHA we recognise that our most valuable resource is our staff. Click here to see some testimonials from our colleagues.
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of our LGBT Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
We’re Nottingham Community Housing Association, known to many as NCHA. We’ve been around since 1973, and we’re really proud of that. We’re more than just a housing association: we deliver care and support to people all over the East Midlands. Read our story to find out more about us.