This post is exempt under Sch 9 Pt 1 of the Equality Act 2010 and is only open to female applicants.
Have you got experience of working with individuals and families who have experienced Domestic Abuse? Would you be interested in enhancing and developing your skills and experience within an expanding Domestic Abuse Support Service? Why not consider joining NCHA as a Support Worker.
If we have caught your attention, welcome to Nottingham Community Housing Association (NCHA), one of the largest and best (in our opinion) housing organisations in the East Midlands, providing more than 900,000 hours of care and support each year. We are seeking enthusiastic and driven individuals to join our well-established Domestic Abuse Support Services teams located in South Derbyshire and Amber Valley areas.
THE SERVICE – what you need to know:
Derbyshire WISH provides refuge and community based (outreach) support to adults and children who are experiencing domestic abuse. We’re part of the wider NCHA family and we offer our services to both women and men (dispersed only) with or without children who are fleeing domestic abuse and need a safe place to stay, and to those out in the community who are living with the impact of domestic abuse.
As a Support Worker at WISH, you’ll play a pivotal role in providing practical and emotional support to women and men who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse (both in the refuge and throughout the local community). You’ll work with clients to assess needs and risks and plan a package of support and risk management individual to them. Some of the other duties involve:
- Assessing referrals for both community and refuge based services
- Supporting the delivery of group work both in refuge and local community
- Travelling throughout service delivery area to deliver support and attendance at multi-agency meetings and work in partnership with other agencies where required to advocate for our clients and ensure risk is managed and support needs are met (e.g.: social care; police; CAB; housing departments; Job Centre and Benefits agencies)
- Working with colleagues to provide a clean and welcoming environment for all accessing our services
- Ensuring records (computer based case management system) are kept up to date and accurate – basic IT skills and knowledge of IT systems are advantageous!
You will work Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, however there may be expectation to work some evenings up to 8pm and occasional weekends and bank holidays.
You’ll need a valid driving licence and access to a vehicle, so that you can travel around the community providing vital care and support.
Have a preference in terms of working around South Derbyshire or Amber Valley? Let’s discuss this at the interview!
We’re looking for someone who has the values, knowledge and skills of working within a support role supporting clients who have experienced domestic abuse and can demonstrate how they use their skills and common sense to support vulnerable individuals and families. They’ll have a commitment to maintaining the dignity and rights of the individuals and families we work with, with top notch communication skills. It is desirable if you have had experience of working within a Domestic Abuse Service.
All successful candidates will be required to take a basic numeracy and literacy exercise prior to the interview. All correspondence is via the registered email address.
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and disabled candidates. As part of our LGBT Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
USEFUL TOP TIPS:
- You will need to attach a CV in order to apply for this role.
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- View the full role profile in the document tab at the top of this page and refer to the ‘About the person’ section to complete your application -show us why you are suitable!
- For more information about NCHA, please refer to the attached ‘Helping Our Customers’ on this page – get a better idea of what we do across the organisation!
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient interest.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
To apply, you have two options:
- Click the Apply Now button at the top of this page
- Email your CV to [email protected], stating the job title and the location or call 01158443387 if you need support to complete the application
Click here to return to current vacancies.
We’re Nottingham Community Housing Association, known to many as NCHA. We’ve been around since 1973, and we’re really proud of that. We’re more than just a housing association: we deliver care and support to people all over the East Midlands. Read our story to find out more about us.