We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join us as the Head of Communities Service Lead at NCHA. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for leading and developing our Communities department, ensuring the objectives for our service are met and fostering a culture of innovation and inclusivity.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Head of Communities will create and maintain best practice delivery for all housing services in the Communities team, supporting your management teams to deliver great services, work collaboratively and seek continuous improvement.
- Lead, motivate, and develop individuals and teams to foster an inclusive culture aligned with the values and expectations of NCHA.
- Implement performance measures to uphold high standards, supporting improvement, and fostering innovation.
- Effectively assess and manage resources, including planning, recruitment, induction, and development of colleagues.
- Manage change within teams and support managers in delivering their respective team plans.
- Collaborate with other heads of service within the department for best practice and cross-tenure service delivery.
- Represent the department as the operational lead for income recovery, allocations, community safety, estates and tenancy management, independent living for older persons, and customer involvement.
- Ensure departmental performance measures align with regulatory requirements and meet performance targets.
- Collaborate with heads of service from other parts of the business for an effective cross-directorate approach.
- Oversee operational activity for Nottingham Community Almshouses Charity.
We need someone with extensive knowledge of the current sector and regulatory landscape, who can bring their extensive and varied experience of social housing, proven success in managing teams and developing people, and their ability to drive a value for money and continuous improvement culture to NCHA. Please see the role profile for a comprehensive overview of the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
If you are a passionate and dedicated individual ready to take on this challenging yet rewarding role, please click apply on this page and complete our application form. All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by 5th March, with interviews being held in Nottingham on 11th March.
The role is Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. While the main offices are currently based in Sherwood Rise in Nottinghamshire, we are very excited about our move to Clifton in late 2024 to our brand new purpose built offices. The role is partially agile, with travel across our sites in East Midlands required at times.
NCHA strives to be a welcoming and inclusive employer as such we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority communities, LGBTQ+ communities, candidates with disabilities, as they are currently under-represented within our workforce principally in our people manager roles
We’re Nottingham Community Housing Association, known to many as NCHA. We’ve been around since 1973, and we’re really proud of that. We’re more than just a housing association: we deliver care and support to people all over the East Midlands. Read our story to find out more about us.