This is a Quick Apply Vacancy so the application form will take no longer than 15 minutes to complete.
Interviews are being arranged on an ongoing basis.
We are NCHA, Nottingham Community Housing Association. Are you seeking a change of client group in care or maybe you are looking to get into the world of care? Join us as a Support Worker or Care Assistant!
Quick questions for you-
- Are you willing to support individuals with day to day tasks such as; domestic duties, shopping, attending appointments and meal preparation?
- Are you willing to help individuals with personal care if required?
- Can you work on your own initiative, be proactive, enabling and supportive to others?
- Do you have a can do attitude and have flexibility?
- Are you available to work flexibility on a rota basis over a 24 hour period, 7 days a week? (rotas will be planned where possible in advance so you plan around your personal commitments!).
- Have you got the ability to showcase your personal values which will align with NCHA’s CLEAR values (check out our website to find out more)?
If you’ve answered YES to the above, you are already on your way to working at our supportive organisation.
Our Personalised Support Teams (PST) North Nottinghamshire does what it says on the tin – provides personalised support to individuals in their own homes on a 1:1 basis and on occasion a 2:1 basis when accessing the community. The individuals we support have varying abilities and needs; some of which are complex, autistic and behaviours that challenge so you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in this role.
We have care assistant and support worker vacancies to cover two of PST North’s supported living services based in Derbyshire, Chesterfield and surrounding areas. PST North is also recruiting support staff at their floating support service in Derbyshire whereby you would help with other duties such as: filling, bidding on properties on behalf of clients and completing benefit forms.
As a care assistant or support worker, the role will be varied depending on the needs of our service users but to give you a general idea of your duties – click on the role profiles at the bottom of the page!
As you will be expected to travel within the role, it is essential that you have a full valid driving licence with business insurance (so you can claim for any mileage!).
Please note: As part of working for PST North, you will be expected to cover absences for various locations across North Nottinghamshire when required, which could also include personal care and waking/sleep in nights.
Don’t forget to tell us about your own work or personal experiences that relate to the role and why a care role is for you in your application!
- View the full role profile in the document tab at the top of this page to view other duties and responsibilities.
- You will need to attach a CV in order to apply for this role.
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- For more information about NCHA, please refer to the attached ‘Helping Our Customers’ on this page.
- Previous Applicants need not apply.
To apply, you have two options:
- Click the Apply Now button at the top of this page
- Email your CV to [email protected], stating the job title and the location or call 01158443387 is you need support to complete the application
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and disabled candidates. As part of our LGBT Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
Click here to return to current vacancies.
#MadeWithCare Find out what working in care is like from people across the country.
We’re Nottingham Community Housing Association, known to many as NCHA. We’ve been around since 1973, and we’re really proud of that. We’re more than just a housing association: we deliver care and support to people all over the East Midlands. Read our story to find out more about us.