Interviews are being arranged on an ongoing basis
This is a Quick Apply Vacancy so the application form will take no longer than 15 minutes to complete
If you have been thinking about starting a career in care or maybe you would like to change client groups to enhance your own development – why not consider joining us as a Support Worker or Care Assistant at Nottingham Community Housing Association?
We are recruiting two enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our friendly Personalised Support Team (PST) North team in Worksop. Our project, known as ‘Worksop 3’ provides supported living accommodation for individuals with Mental Health issues, Learning Difficulties and Autism (some of which are non-verbal).
We are a values led organisation which means we are looking for a caring person who is eager to learn, enthusiastic, accountable for their actions and resilient to changing circumstances. It is a bonus if you have prior care experience but don’t let this put you off from applying as we will provide the expertise and training required to help you succeed regardless of your career history.
No two days are the same at Worksop 3 and we really mean this as your role will vary depending on the needs of our fantastic service users. Therefore you must have the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work well as a team to overcome any potential challenges. Other duties may include but are not limited to:
– Providing personal care
– Domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, helping to prepare healthy meals etc.
– Helping the service users with their finances including budgeting.
-Getting the service users back into work, education, training and community activities (bring your creativity!)
-Day to day running of the service including completing weekly and monthly checks, running records, liaising with externals and providing staff handovers.
Check out the role profile to find out more!
PST North services operate seven days a week and cover various shifts; so flexibility is required (fixed shifts will be allocated where possible). You will be required to work on a rota basis over a 24 hour period including weekends, bank holidays and sleep-ins; a bonus is paid for waking nights and an allowance is paid for sleep-ins.
A full valid driving license with business insurance and access to your own vehicle is desirable. The project is accessible by bus.
On occasion, you may be required to cover sickness and holidays for our other contracts which could include personal care, wake / sleep nights across the North Nottinghamshire area.
All successful candidates will be required to take a work-related test prior to the interview.
To apply, you have two options:
- Click the Apply Now button at the top of this page
2. Email your CV to [email protected], stating the job title and the location or call 01158443387 is you need support to complete the application
Useful top tips:
- You will need to attach a CV in order to apply for this role.
- Previous Applicants need not apply.
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- View the full role profile in the document tab at the top of this page and refer to the ‘About the person’ section to complete your application -show us why you are suitable!
- For more information about NCHA, please refer to the attached ‘Helping Our Customers’ and ‘Property Picture’ on this page to get a better idea of what we do!
We may close this vacancy early if we have sufficient interest.
We are an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic, and disabled candidates.
As part of our LGBT Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
Click here to return to current vacancies.
We’re Nottingham Community Housing Association, known to many as NCHA. We’ve been around since 1973, and we’re really proud of that. We’re more than just a housing association: we deliver care and support to people all over the East Midlands. Read our story to find out more about us.