Nottingham Community Housing Association
Location: Mapperley, Nottingham
Salary: £17,152 – £19,374 per annum (£8.91 to £10.07 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 per week, full time
Closing Date: Sunday 07 June 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 18 June 2020
This is a Quick Apply Vacancy so the application form will take no longer than 15 minutes to complete
We are Nottingham Community Housing Association (NCHA). Founded in 1973, we are committed to providing and managing housing for people in need, offering vital care and support services for the most vulnerable people in society.
We are looking for people like you – enthusiastic, flexible and positive-thinking, to support our service users who suffer from a range of mental illnesses. We want to give them the opportunity to live independently in the community, and with your help, give them the best out of life.
You will be highly motivated and well organised with an empathic approach to people with mental health issues. The support duties include cleaning, cooking, shopping, writing support plans with service users, attending appointments for both physical and mental health. No two days are the same, we need someone who is motivated to support our service users when anxiety can make even the smallest of tasks seem hard.
Flexibility is the key – you must be able to work a range of shifts over a 7 day period between 7am and 10pm and will need to cover most weekends and bank holidays.
This is a mental health service for people who have stepped down from registered care. The Project involves 10 service users who have spent the past few years in registered care and are now needing support to live in the community. Are you the person they need to help them get their lives back on track?
You will possess good negotiation skills and be very patient, whilst understanding that people are very different and what works for one person might not work for another. The ability to use some IT would be ideal, but we can train on the job. You don’t need experience, we want your enthusiasm and passion, we’ll provide the training.
You will have access to a range of fantastic benefits when joining us:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme with contributions matched up to 7.5%; including life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member as a Care Assistant or Support Worker
- Employee Recognition Scheme with monetary rewards
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Paid to train
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; with a 24-hour confidential advice service
- Support to achieve Health & Social Care Diploma
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Overtime available
USEFUL TOP TIPS:
- You will need to attach a CV in order to apply for this role.
- Previous applicants need not apply
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- View the full job description in the document tab at the top of the page and refer to the Person Specification section of the Job Description to complete your application – show us why you are suitable!
- For more information about NCHA, please refer to the attached ‘Helping Our Customers’ and ‘Property Picture’– get a better idea of what we do across the organisation!
All successful candidates will be required to take a numerical and literacy test prior to starting their employment at NCHA.
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of our LGBT + Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
Click here to see how NCHA is managing the risk of COVID-19. PPE will be provided where applicable.
Click here to return to NCHA’s current vacancies