Nottingham Community Housing Association
Location: North Nottinghamshire
Salary: £17,152 – £19,374 per annum (£8.91 to £10.07 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 per week, full and part time hours available
Closing Date: Wednesday 10 June 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 17 June 2020
This is a Quick Apply Vacancy so the application form will take no longer than 15 minutes to complete!
NCHA is one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. Across the region we manage over 9,000 homes; house more than 15,000 tenants; provide over 1,500 bed spaces for people with support/care needs, in over 250 properties; and provide more than 500,000 hours of care and support each year.
Do you want a job where you will really make a difference to people’s lives? A job where no two days are the same?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Peripatetic Support Staff to join our friendly and professional Personalised Support Team (PST). PST North supports individuals in the North Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire areas who have learning difficulties, mental health issues, physical disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours. We are looking to build a team of Support Workers that will travel and work across all of our services, which will include supported living services and also outreach/community support in the Mansfield and Ashfield, Newark, Bassetlaw and Chesterfield areas. As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for supporting vulnerable individuals to live as independently as possible, to exercise choice and control over their lives, and to play their part in the local community.
Does this role sound like it would suit you?
You will be flexible, pro-active, up for a challenge and a great team player as you will be an advocate for the individuals you’re supporting and passionate about improving the lives of others. It is beneficial if you have had previous experience working as a Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Social Care Worker or a Mental Health Worker but if your personal values are aligned with ours and you are looking to work within the health and social care industry, we encourage you to apply – what is there to lose?
We are a dynamic organisation that are always looking to continually improve and enhance the opportunities for our valued colleagues. You will be fully supported to develop your skills and progress your career so don’t sweat it if you haven’t got the experience!
Your daily tasks and responsibilities as a Support Worker:
You will offer is person-centred and will be based on what the individuals want to do and therefore this role is extremely varied! This could comprise of but is not limited to:
- Making sure that service users maintain good health, hygiene and helping with their personal care.
- Enabling service users to access work, education or training
- Taking the service user to leisure time activities and cultural events or beliefs within the community
- Ensuring the service users keep in touch with family and friends and encouraging them to make new friends
- Supporting service users who may present behavioural challenges
- Devising and implementing written care plans and risk assessments, and reviewing and amending these documents
- Assisting the service user with domestic cleaning, cooking and shopping tasks and the provision of medication
- Maintaining service user records using relevant IT systems
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment including maintaining records of checks and incidents and implementing emergency procedures.
It is essential that you have a driving license and access to a car with business insurance as some of our locations can be difficult to access on public transport; expenses will be reimbursed for travel costs with business insurance
The service operates seven days a week and covers various shifts; so flexibility is required although the team will give you fixed shifts where possible. You will receive a weekly rota but must be adaptable to changes in the event of a sickness or an emergency.
All successful candidates will be required to work on a shift basis over a 24 hour period including weekends, bank holidays and sleep-ins; you will receive a bonus for waking nights and an allowance for sleep-ins.
You will have access to a range of fantastic benefits when joining us:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme with contributions matched up to 7.5%; including life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member as a Care Assistant or Support Worker
- Employee Recognition Scheme with monetary rewards
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Paid to train
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; with a 24-hour confidential advice service
- Support to achieve Health & Social Care Diploma
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Overtime available
USEFUL TOP TIPS:
- You will need to attach a CV in order to apply for this role.
- Previous applicants need not apply
- All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
- View the full job description in the document tab at the top of the page and refer to the Person Specification section of the Job Description to complete your application – show us why you are suitable!
- For more information about NCHA, please refer to the attached ‘Helping Our Customers’ and ‘Property Picture’– get a better idea of what we do across the organisation!
All successful candidates will be required to take a numerical and literacy test prior to starting their employment at NCHA.
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of our LGBT + Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
Click here to see how NCHA is managing the risk of COVID-19. PPE will be provided where applicable.
Please note that although the position is based in North Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, you will be required to attend a one-day Corporate Induction event at Head Office in Nottingham as part of the induction process once COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.
Click here to return to NCHA’s current vacancies
#EveryDayMakesADifference #WorkInCare Bring your qualities. We’ll provide the training. Apply today