This page is an introduction to WDF for potential, new and existing ARC WDF Partners.
Association for Real Change is contracted by Skills for Care to disburse the Workforce Development Funding (WDF).
ARC is a National Lead Partner based in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, we can process claims for organisations anywhere in England.
WDF is a fund from the Department of Health, disseminated by Skills for Care to support Adult Health & Social Care providers in England, towards the cost of learners achieving Qualifications from the List of Funded Qualifications and Learning Programmes. Potential funding per learner, per funding year is up to a maximum of £2,000.
WDF is a limited pot of money and is not guaranteed. Employers can claim back a contribution towards the costs of employees completing health and social care qualifications and learning programmes. The fund supports the continuing professional development of staff across the adult social care sector in England.
You can join the ARC Partnership to access funding, overview:
- You need to be an adult social care employer in England
- You need to have an ASC-WDS account or have updated from 1st April 2021
- To join a Partnership complete a member’s declaration form – details on joining the ARC Partnership
- Await acceptance by Skills for Care
- Complete an ARC claim form and attach copies of learner certificates
- Receive payment from ARC for approved claims
Overview of changes to WDF claims for the 2020/21 funding year:
- Funding can only be claimed against final certification, no individual units will be accepted
- Funding is only payable against the Funded-qualifications-and-learning-programmes-2021-22 Sep21 (updated September 2021) document; not all qualifications are funded.
- Additional Funding is now available for Apprenticeship Standard - two payments can be claimed one on completion of the Diploma and a further payment following the completion of the End Point Assessment and achievement of the Standard.
- The Individual learner financial limit is up to £2,000 per funding year
Here are some examples of what could be claimed on final certificate claims:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care – £600
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care – £800
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care – £1,050
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Adult Care - £1,500
- Apprenticeship Standards - Level 2 Adult Care Worker - £600 plus £400 for the completion of the End Point Assessment and overall standard - Total Funding £1,000
- Apprenticeship Standards - Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker - £800 plus £500 for the completion of the End Point Assessment and overall standard - Total Funding £1,300
- Lead to Succeed learning programme – £500
The maximum claim for each learner within the funding year is up to a maximum of £2,000 and is a contribution towards the cost of training, the fund is limited and not guaranteed.
To find out more about becoming an ARC WDF Partner, please refer to our How to Join the ARC Partnership section.
Our frequently asked questions page provides comprehensive guidance which answers the most common queries from our Partners.
If you are working in conjunction with a Learning Provider, and been asked by them to register your requirements to become a Partner with ARC WDF our Guidance and Documentation section will be of specific interest to you.