Introduction to Active Support Workshop (via Zoom) 11 November 2020, 9.30am – 12.30pm
11 November @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
What is Active Support?
Active Support is a model of support which ensures that people are supported to participate in every aspect of their daily lives and to take the lead in functional and meaningful activities – staff essentially becoming enablers not carers.
Services who have already been supported with the implementation of Active Support have said that the model has transformed the lives of people they are supporting and staff have a better understanding of what their job role is.
Active Support is also the pre-cursor to Positive Behaviour Support.
Introduction to Active Support – Online 3-hour Workshop
Join our Active Support Lead during a 3-hour online workshop delivered via Zoom and find out more about how Active Support can change the outcomes for supported people as they begin to carry out meaningful activities to enrich their lives – more important than ever in the face of limited opportunities to be involved in activities outside of peoples homes.
This ‘Introduction to Active Support’ workshop is suitable for managers and support staff, and will cover:
- What is Active Support?
- Providing support that promotes participation and engagement
- Looking for opportunities to engage people in meaningful activities at home and in their community
- Simple ways of monitoring staff support
- How to embed Active Support within your team
Date and Time:
- 11th November 2020, 9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Cost per participant:
- £65 (ARC Members) | £85 (Non-members)
How to book your place
- Download and complete the ARC England Online Training Booking Form
- Email it to email@example.com
- We will confirm your booking and invoice your organisation.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043
- 11 November
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Event Category: