At the end of the training learners will have:
- Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act and the Code of Practice
- An understanding of how the Act impacts on people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Increased awareness of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- An understanding how the Safeguards impact on people who have a learning disability and those supporting them
- Understanding of how the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards work with other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of where to access further sources of advice and support in relation to the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
The workshop comprises of the following:
- An introductory assignment (self completion)
- Module 1 (virtual workshop (day 1) 3 hours workshop)
- A homework assignment (self completion)
- Module 2 (virtual workshop (day 2) – 2.5 hours )
- A final exercise to embed learning in the workplace
Virtual modules are on the Zoom Pro platform with our experienced trainer Rod Landman, who has over 20 years experience in adult social care. The virtual sessions are highly interactive and comprise trainer input, discussions, case studies, small group work and reflections on assignments.
Learners will receive a full suite of handouts in advance to guide their learning.