We are excited to be able to offer this new ARC Workshop for Managers!
This workshop comprises of two x 2.5 hour sessions delivered via Zoom on two consecutive days. Attendance on both sessions is required.
This workshop is for managers of services for adults with learning disabilities and autistic adults. The workshop takes a values-led approach to positive risk management, underlining the importance of taking sensitively managed risk as a human rights issue and as a prime learning tool.
The workshop is discussion-based, using a series of case studies to work through practical issues.
It is designed to meet the CQC definition of an outstanding service in relation to risk management [KLOE S2]:
“There is a transparent and open culture that encourages creative thinking in relation to people’s safety. The service seeks out current best practice and uses learning from this to drive improvement. People are enabled to take positive risks to maximise their control over their care and support.”
By the end of the workshop learners will be able to:
- Use positive, person-centred risk management approaches
- Know and apply the relevant legislation and good practice guidance.
- Critically appraise their in-house policies in relation to positive risk taking
- Support individuals with disabilities, and those around them, in decisions about risk taking and the management of that risk.
- Support their staff in the everyday application of positive risk management.
- Positive risk taking
- Attitudes to risk
- Defining risk assessment
- Social care standards and risk
- Risk and the law
- Duty of Care
- Enabling positive risk taking
- Partnerships in risk assessment
- Risk control and risk management
- Risk assessment models, processes and paperwork
- Personal risk documents
- An introductory assignment (self completion).
- Module 1 (online: 2.5 hours)
- Module 2 (online: 2.5 hours)
- A final exercise to embed learning in the workplace (self completion).
Online modules are on Zoom with an experienced tutor. The online sessions are highly interactive and comprise tutor input, discussions, small group work and reflections on assignments.
Learners will receive a full suite of handouts in advance to guide their learning.
£95 ARC Members/ £126 Non-members
Find out when the next workshop is running by checking our Scheduled Workshop pages
How to book your place
- Download and complete the ARC England Booking form 2023
- Email it to [email protected]
- We will confirm your booking and invoice your organisation.
For more information about this workshop or to discuss your requirements, please get in touch:
- 01246 555043 (Please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible)
- [email protected]