LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA QUALIFICATIONS
(England, Wales & N. Ireland)
We currently offer the City & Guilds Level 5 Diploma qualifications:
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young People’s Services (with an option of 6 pathways)
- Adult’s Residential Management – England, Wales & Northern Ireland
- Adult’s Management – England, Wales & Northern Ireland
- Adult’s Advanced Practice – England, Wales & Northern Ireland
- Children & Young People’s Management – England & Wales
- Children & Young People’s Residential Management – Wales
- Children & Young People’s Advanced Practice – Wales & Northern Ireland
Managers are required by the regulations to have the ‘necessary relevant qualifications, skills and experience’ to carry out their regulated activity. The Level 5 Leadership qualifications meet the registration and regulations requirement of CQC.
Both of these are competence-based qualifications, for learners who are working as managers or assistant/deputy managers, senior care support workers, team leaders’ supervisors etc. in Adult Care or Children and Young people’s services. They are designed to be assessed in your place of work, as part of your normal work role.
These qualifications enable learners to understand, demonstrate and develop the skills and knowledge needed in the leadership and management of practice in adult health and social care provision and /or in children and young people’s services.
The qualifications consist of mandatory units, covering core knowledge and skills competencies plus a number of optional specialism units, which can be combined in flexible ways to reflect the real working context of each learner and their work setting.
Those wishing to undertake these qualifications need to be working in the role of manager/registered manager or assistant/deputy managers, senior care support worker, team leader/supervisor, etc.
Age Group – 19 or older
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young People’s Services – 90 credits / 900 TQT
To complete the Level 5 Diploma learners must achieve the required mandatory and a selection of optional units for the pathway chosen, (90 credits)
The Standards and selection of units vary from country to country within the UK and between Adult and Children’s services so we will support you to select the right qualification to meet the regulations of the country in which you practice.
Examples of the general areas the mandatory units include:-
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Understand child and young person’s development (depending on pathway & service)
- Lead and manage a team within a health and social care or children and young people’s setting
- Develop professional supervision practice in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Manage health and social care practice to ensure positive outcomes for individuals
- Safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults (depending on pathway & service)
- Understand safeguarding of children and young people (for those working in the adult sector)
- Lead person-centred practice
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people (England)
Plus further mandatory and optional units from the pathway chosen.
Full qualification guidance (England) – Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young People’s Services – v3.3 (May 18) – 4978
Full qualification guidance (Wales & Northern Ireland) – Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young People’s Services (Wales & NI) v4.2 (May 18) – 3978
All learners vary on the timescale to complete their qualification.
When you register, you will be given a specified target date in which to achieve your qualification, you can complete your qualification sooner than the target date if you are able to submit work regularly and at a good pace. Specific target dates can be discussed and agreed with your Assessor.
Total Qualification Time (TQT) is set at 900 hrs, this is based on the average amount of time taken to achieve these qualifications, over an average completion period of 24 months.
(including Registration, Learner Pack, Assessment and Certification) from:
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services – £2,382.00 *
These prices are reduced significantly for learners and organisations with their own in-house assessor support.
* ARC members benefit from reduced costs
Workforce Development Funding
WDF is potentially available for these qualifications on completion of final certificate as follows:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services – Adults pathways only in England – £1,500.00
To register for any of these qualifications, you need to complete the necessary registration forms. This will prompt support for you to consider all the aspects involved in undertaking the qualification and ensure the right one is selected for you. You will also need to seek permission from your organisation to collect evidence in the workplace. To find out more about registering please click here ‘How to Register’.